Have you ever wondered why you don’t feel as vibrant and healthy as other people seem? Do you feel like you’re not reaching your full potential? I’ve been there, feeling tired, sluggish, and irritable and not knowing how to feel better. Until I discovered how to work WITH my body to improve my health…
Picture this… A typical university student, wearing sweats, sleeping late, and living on junk food. In my case, french fries, chocolate milk, toast, and pizza… I always felt like I should eat healthier but I didn’t know how.
While out of the country on exchange, I finally got fed up with feeling bloated, cranky, and tired. I’d heard about the Blood Type Diet the previous summer, so I made a few simple changes to eat right for my type and was amazed to experience a dramatic improvement in my energy, mood, and digestion! Click here to listen to my story in an interview for CBC Radio.
This experience awakened my curiosity and I continued to learn about natural medicine when I returned to Canada. Over the next few years I literally transformed my body, mind, and health in ways I never thought possible. Despite being secure and successful in my field, I recognized that as a Naturopathic Doctor I could build a career that made the most of my natural abilities and about which I could be passionate.
So, I essentially blew up my life (quit my job, moved multiple times, liquidated my savings, added student debt) to complete 4 years of medical training to become a Naturopathic Doctor and I haven’t looked back since.
Education and Credentials
I graduated with an Honours Bachelor of Commerce from Queen’s University and worked in packaged goods by day, while learning voraciously about natural health in my spare time. I then made the leap to the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine (CCNM), where I graduated with the Governors’ Award of Excellence for outstanding academic performance.
In addition to my studies at CCNM, I have pursued additional education in these key areas:
- Personalized nutrition, including the Blood Type Diet, GenoType Diet, and SWAMI GenoType with Peter D’Adamo, ND and the Institute for Human Individuality (IfHI)
- Month-long program on Traditional Medicine in India through Child Family Health International
- Clinical rotation working with HIV/AIDS patients at Sherbourne Health Center
- Continuing education in classical homeopathy with Joseph Kellerstein DC, ND, FCAH, CCH
- Clinical externship with a focus on classical homeopathy with Helena Ovens ND, FCAH, CCH
- Specialty clinical rotation in homeopathy with Nadia Bakir, BSc, ND, FCAH, DHANP, CCH, HMC, MSc, DHMHS
- Biotherapeutic drainage advanced training with Dick Thom, DDS, ND and Robert Abell, LAc, ND
I am also involved with the following organizations:
- Gynecology Coordinator at the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine
- Registered with the Board of Directors of Drugless Therapy – Naturopathy (BDDT-N)
- Member of the Canadian Association of Naturopathic Doctors (CAND) and the Ontario Association of Naturopathic Doctors (OAND)
Find out more about my Areas of Expertise.
I have been featured on:
- CBC Metro Morning with Matt Galloway
- CP24 Wylde On Health with Bryce Wylde
- Resident health expert on Bryce Wylde’s health information hub, Wylde About Health
- The Toronto Star, Elle Canada, Reader’s Digest Canada, and NOW Magazine
- The only Naturopathic Doctor in Ontario certified as a Master of the Institute for Human Individuality (IfHI), an organization founded by Peter D’Adamo, ND (author of Eat Right For Your Type)
Feedback about Dr. Kate:
- “Excellent (passionate, dynamic and knowledgeable)”
- “Helpful and encouraging”
- “Professional, creative, generous”