Veggies + Fat = Winning Combination!
Did you know that eating veggies (especially leafy greens!) with some fat can help your body absorb far more of the beneficial nutrients in those veggies?
We can all use more greens in our lives, so here is a quick green smoothie you can make incorporating healthy fats!
Green Smoothie with Friendly Fats
- 1 part leafy greens (I find these the easiest to blend):
- Swiss chard
- 1 part frozen green peas
- 2 parts fresh or frozen fruit:
- Healthy fat of your choice:
- 1/2 avocado
- 2-3 Tablespoons flax oil
- ½ to 1 teaspoon cinnamon, ginger, or cocoa powder (optional)
- ½ to 1 teaspoon greens powder (optional)
- Place all ingredients in a large jar or smoothie cup.
- Cover with water and let sit overnight in the fridge.
- In the morning, blend thoroughly until smooth (at least 30-60 seconds).
- Drink regularly for a hit of greens and healthy fats!