Have you ever wondered why you don’t feel as vibrant and healthy as other people?
Do you feel like you’re not reaching your full potential?
I’ve been there!
Feeling tired, sluggish, and irritable and not knowing how to feel better. Until I discovered how to work WITH my body to improve my health…
How I became a Naturopathic Doctor
A typical student
Picture this… A typical university student, wearing sweats, sleeping late, and living on junk food. In my case, french fries, chocolate milk, toast, and pizza… I always felt like I should eat healthier but I didn’t know how.
Finding out what good feels like
While living in Mexico one semester, I finally got fed up. No matter what or how much/little I ate I felt sluggish and bloated. And cranky!
I’d heard about the Blood Type Diet, so I started with a few simple changes to eat right for my type and was amazed to experience an immediate dramatic improvement in my energy, mood, and digestion! Click here to listen to my story in an interview for CBC Radio.
Once I returned to Canada, I continued to make small changes to my diet and noticed I no longer needed 8-9 hours of sleep every night to feel rested and continued to be less and less bloated. It actually took some time for me to get used to this feeling – I had become accustomed to feeling mediocre or worse all the time! Once I actually felt GOOD, it was a revelation!
Discovering the world of natural health
This experience awakened my curiosity about natural health, so once I graduated with an Honours Bachelor of Commerce from Queen’s University, I worked in packaged goods by day while learning voraciously about health and wellness in my spare time.
Over the next few years I literally transformed my body, mind, and health in ways I never thought possible!
I recognized that as a Naturopathic Doctor I could build a career that made the most of my natural abilities by helping others to improve their health. So, I dismantled my life (quit my job, moved multiple times, liquidated my savings, added student debt) and rebuilt it to become a Naturopathic Doctor and I haven’t looked back since!
Education and Credentials
I attended the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine (CCNM), where I graduated at the top of my class, winning the Governors’ Award of Excellence for outstanding academic performance.
I have pursued additional education in these key areas:
- Pregnancy, breastfeeding, and neonatal care (including nutrition, food introduction, herbs, and homeopathy)
- Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis
- Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth and Gut Dysbiosis
- Women’s health concerns and pelvic (gynecological) exams (including teaching at the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine)
- Personalized nutrition, including the Blood Type Diet, GenoType Diet, and SWAMI GenoType (certified Master of the Institute for Human Individuality (IfHI))
- Biotherapeutic Drainage
- Miasm, Temperament, and Constitution
- Classical Homeopathy
Find out more about my Areas of Expertise.
I have been featured on:
- CBC Metro Morning with Matt Galloway
- CP24 Wylde On Health with Bryce Wylde
- Resident health expert on Bryce Wylde’s health information hub, Wylde About Health
- The Toronto Star, Elle Canada, Reader’s Digest Canada, and NOW Magazine
- The only Naturopathic Doctor in Ontario certified as a Master of the Institute for Human Individuality (IfHI), an organization founded by Peter D’Adamo, ND (author of Eat Right For Your Type)