Have you ever wondered why you don’t feel as vibrant and healthy as other people?
Do you feel like you’re not reaching your full potential?
I’ve been there!
Feeling tired, sluggish, and irritable and not knowing how to feel better. Until I discovered how to work WITH my body to improve my health…
How I became a Naturopathic Doctor
Picture this… A typical university student, wearing sweats, sleeping late, and living on junk food. In my case, french fries, chocolate milk, toast, and pizza… I always felt like I should eat healthier but I didn’t know how.
While out of the country on exchange, I finally got fed up with feeling bloated, cranky, and tired. I’d heard about the Blood Type Diet the previous summer, so I made a few simple changes to eat right for my type and was amazed to experience a dramatic improvement in my energy, mood, and digestion! Click here to listen to my story in an interview for CBC Radio.
I graduated with an Honours Bachelor of Commerce from Queen’s University and worked in packaged goods by day, while learning voraciously about health and wellness in my spare time.
This experience awakened my curiosity and over the next few years I literally transformed my body, mind, and health in ways I never thought possible!
I recognized that as a Naturopathic Doctor I could build a career that made the most of my natural abilities by helping others to improve their health. So, I blew up my life (quit my job, moved multiple times, liquidated my savings, added student debt) to complete 4 years of medical training to become a Naturopathic Doctor and I haven’t looked back since.
Education and Credentials
I made the leap to the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine (CCNM), where I graduated at the top of my class, winning the Governors’ Award of Excellence for outstanding academic performance.
I have pursued additional education in these key areas:
- Personalized nutrition, including the Blood Type Diet, GenoType Diet, and SWAMI GenoType with Dr. Peter D’Adamo, ND and the Institute for Human Individuality (IfHI)
- Month-long program on Traditional Medicine in India through Child Family Health International
- Clinical rotation working with HIV/AIDS patients at Sherbourne Health Center
- Continuing education in classical homeopathy with Dr. Joseph Kellerstein DC, ND, FCAH, CCH
- Clinical externship with a focus on classical homeopathy with Dr. Helena Ovens ND, FCAH, CCH
- Specialty clinical rotation in homeopathy with Dr. Nadia Bakir, BSc, ND, FCAH, DHANP, CCH, HMC, MSc, DHMHS
- Biotherapeutic drainage advanced training with Dr. Dick Thom, DDS, ND and Dr. Robert Abell, LAc, ND
I am involved with the following organizations:
- Gynecology Coordinator at the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine
- Registered with the College of Naturopaths of Ontario (CONO)
- Member of the Canadian Association of Naturopathic Doctors (CAND) and the Ontario Association of Naturopathic Doctors (OAND)
Find out more about my Areas of Expertise.
I have been featured on:
- CBC Metro Morning with Matt Galloway
- CP24 Wylde On Health with Bryce Wylde
- Resident health expert on Bryce Wylde’s health information hub, Wylde About Health
- The Toronto Star, Elle Canada, Reader’s Digest Canada, and NOW Magazine
- The only Naturopathic Doctor in Ontario certified as a Master of the Institute for Human Individuality (IfHI), an organization founded by Peter D’Adamo, ND (author of Eat Right For Your Type)