Do you love chocolate?
I sure do! And my daughter does too! One of the stories we read over and over and over (and over!) again includes the characters having chocolate milkshakes. So, recently she asked me to make her a chocolate milkshake.
Being the resourceful (aka lazy) mom that I am, I modified the recipe for my Minty Green Smoothie to make a healthier chocolate milkshake. As you can see, she enjoyed it and little brother in the background is eager to be old enough to drink one too…
Chocolate (Veggie) Milkshake
- 1 ripe or overripe banana
- 1 part frozen broccoli
- 1 part frozen peas
- 1 part avocado
- Almond milk to cover other ingredients (I used unsweetened vanilla)
- 2 Tablespoons cocoa powder (you could add more if you like)
- Agave syrup to taste (I used 3 Tablespoons per 2 cups smoothie)
- Vanilla extract to taste (I didn’t try this yet but it might make it a bit yummier!)
- Place banana, broccoli, peas, and avocado in a container (I recommend a large glass jar or smoothie cup).
- Add enough almond milk to cover fruits and veggies.
- Let sit at least a few hours or overnight in fridge.
- Blend until smooth.
- Add cocoa powder and agave to taste until you are happy with the flavour.
No comments yet.