This is a new take on my previously posted recipe for Simple Almond Cookies. I have a lot of leftover dried coconut (from making Lime Coconut Sweet Potato Bites – recipe to come in another blog) so I incorporated it into this recipe and it was a hit! A reminder, these cookies are helpful on an elimination diet as a tasty, healthy snack!
Coconut Almond Cookies
(makes about 24 small cookies)
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 cup dried coconut
- ¼ cup melted ghee (I make my own ghee using organic, cultured butter, see ghee recipe here) or butter – ghee is wetter than butter, so adjust accordingly
- ¼ cup vegetable glycerine (very sweet but does not spike blood sugar – I get mine in large bottles from Azure Standard) or agave syrup – adjust according to desired sweetness
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Mix almond meal, coconut, baking soda, and salt together in a medium sized bowl.
- Mix butter, veg glycerine, and egg together in another, smaller bowl.
- Blend wet ingredients with dry and stir until combined (do not over stir).
- Spoon onto greased baking sheet and flatten a bit with fork.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 10-15 minutes until golden brown.
- Let cool for about 5-10 minutes before removing from baking sheet.
- To make the chocolate version, add an additional ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa and 1/8 cup of vegetable glycerine.