This is one of the home remedies I discussed during my appearance on Wylde on Health June 17, 2011.
This is a great treatment when you are sick with cold, particularly if you have a lot of congestion. Although it may not sound pleasant, your body heat quickly warms the socks and gets your feet toasty warm! Increasing circulation to your feet helps reduce sinus and chest congestion and helps warm your body up, facilitating healing via body heat (see my blog The truth about fever for more about this!) and stimulating your immune system.
- Fill a bowl with cold water and ice cubes.
- Soak a pair of cotton socks in the ice water.
- Wring out socks and put on feet.
- Once the cotton socks are on, make sure you are close to the bed and have a dry pair of wool socks handy.
- Put on the dry wool socks over the wet cotton socks. After putting on the wool socks, avoid walking in the socks as this will cause the wool socks to get damp!
- Lie down in bed and go to sleep.