I got this recipe from my colleague Bronwyn Hill, ND and have changed it a bit for my own tastes. These chips are truly addictive and a great healthy snack!
(makes 2-6 baking sheets worth of chips)
- Kale (1-3 bunches)
- Oil of your choice (grapeseed, olive, walnut, etc)
- Seasonings of your choice (salt, pepper, garlic, cayenne pepper, paprika, ginger, etc)
- Any other ingredients you want! Eg: Tamari sauce, crushed garlic, nutritional yeast, soy sauce, etc
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Rinse kale to remove any dirt.
3. Remove ribs from kale and cut or tear into 1.5 inch pieces.
4. Place in bowl and toss with a small amount of oil.
5. Lay on baking sheet and add spices and seasonings.
6. Bake for about 5-7 minutes, then turn and bake until crisp (another 5-7 minutes or longer if needed).
7. The chips are done when crispy but still retain most of their original colour.
For more recipes, check out my Recipes page!