Do you LOVE Chocolate?
Me too! This means I’m always on the lookout for good chocolate recipes, especially brownies!
Lately I’ve been looking for brownie recipes without eggs (because I’m sensitive to eggs). I tried MANY egg-free brownie recipes and ultimately ended up creating this one myself through trial and error and it is now good enough to share with you!
Gluten-free, dairy-free (if you use coconut oil or properly made ghee), and egg-free but DOES contain nuts. Makes about 32 small to medium brownies.
- 3 flax eggs (3 tablespoons ground flax + 9 tablespoons water, whisk together, set for 15 minutes)
- ¾ cup maple syrup
- 3/8 cup natural, unsalted creamy almond butter
- 3/8 cup ghee or coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup finely ground, blanched almond flour
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips (optional, still tastes great without these!)
1. In a small bowl, mix flax eggs by combining ground flax with water and let set for 15 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 325°F.
3. In a medium bowl, mix together maple syrup, almond butter, and ghee until smooth.
4. Add cocoa powder 1/3 cup at a time, mixing well.
5. Mix in vanilla, salt, and flax eggs.
6. Using a spatula, fold in almond flour until combined.
7. Fold in chocolate chips.
8. Pour batter into a 9-inch square baking pan lined with parchment paper.
9. Using a spatula, smooth batter into an even layer.
10. Bake for 30-35 minutes. The brownies are done when a toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean or nearly clean.
11. Cool in the fridge for 1-2 hours or longer for best results.
For more recipes, check out my Recipes page!