Looking for a healthy, delicious, nut-free snack?
I recently made this recipe for Addictive honey granola nut-free by simply eliminating all the nuts I usually use and replacing them with seeds. This is an easy switch to make this recipe safe for those who are allergic to nuts.
Nut-free Honey Granola
- 4 cups gluten-free rolled oats (I used Bob’s Red Mill wheat-free rolled oats)
- 1 cup raw mixed seeds (I used pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds)
- 1 mashed banana
- ¼ cup butter, ghee, or coconut oil (I used homemade ghee)
- ½ cup honey
- Spices: nutmeg, ginger, cinnamon, etc. (I used 1 teaspoon each of cinnamon and sea salt)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Celsius.
- Roughly chop seeds in a food processor.
- Mix seeds with oats and spices in a medium bowl.
- In a small pot, heat and melt ghee and honey until thinner liquid.
- Transfer mixture to food processor and add mashed banana.
- Mix liquids together until smooth.
- Pour liquid mixture over dry mixture.
- Mix everything together, ensuring all oats are covered and evenly mixed.
- Bake at 350C for 20 minutes, gently stirring oats halfway through to prevent burning.
- Bake until oats are golden brown, adding a few minutes for crunchier granola.