Craving peanut butter and jam?
I got the following email from a patient yesterday and thought I would share her interesting smoothie recipe. Enjoy!
“I accidentally made the BEST smoothie I’ve ever tasted yesterday by pilfering through bare cupboards looking for healthy additives for a quick cleanse-friendly meal. It was so good I thought I’d share it in case you’d like to try it or pass it on to patients who are new to the smoothie world, as it’s definitely an easy one to drink!
Honestly the tahini makes the texture sooo good, but the best part is – it tastes JUST like a peanut butter and jam sandwich on white bread. Swear to God (or whoever). I tend to see PB & J’s as little blocks of fat & sugar now, so I haven’t had one in AGES…but I love them, and I am ecstatic to know I can get a fix in a healthy way now!”
Peanut Butter and Jam Smoothie
- 1 cup frozen berries (I used blueberries, blackberries, raspberries and strawberries)
- ~5 slices frozen banana
- 2 Tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1-2 Tbsp tahini (depending on how strong of a butter taste you want)
- 1-2 tsp organic apple cider vinegar
- Fill with coconut water
- (I know you will say add greens! I didn’t have any, but I’ll definitely try it in this recipe).
- Blend all ingredients well (I used Magic Bullet).
- Drink up!
For more recipes, check out my Recipes page!