I recently tried this recipe for Peppermint Patties from Elana’s Pantry and they were so good!
A few changes to ingredients for my taste:
- I used 1/8 cup vegetable glycerine and 1/8 cup agave syrup as sweetener to cut down the sugar a bit. Next time I may try more vegetable glycerine.
- I used a bit more peppermint extract/oil (nearly 1 tsp)
Also, a few tips for preparation to help it go smoother:
- I let the coconut oil sit at room temperature for a bit which made it more liquid and easier to mix.
- I froze the mixture for at least 15 minutes to get it hard enough to scoop into balls.
- I melted the chocolate and left it to cool for about 20 minutes – it is really important that it is as cool as possible (yet still liquid) or it will melt the patties and make a big mess!
- Make sure your patties are nice and hard before you dip them in the chocolate. I actually melted a bit more chocolate and dipped them again once the first layer was hardened as I like my chocolate and I found this made them look a bit nicer.