Do you love roast nuts? Have you ever looked at the ingredients on some bulk bins of nuts? In addition to adding salt and flavouring, sometimes they add wheat starch! It was because of this that I started buying raw nuts and roasting them myself. It’s easy, quick, and you can even season them yourself to your taste!
- Nuts of your choice (I use almonds most often, so this recipe is suited to that)
- Seasoning (salt, pepper, garlic, etc) of your choice!
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F
- Spread nuts in a single layer on a baking pan (one with walls is best).
- Cook nuts for approximately 15-20 minutes (time will vary depending on the type of nut and your taste), shaking the pan halfway through to move the nuts around.
- The nuts are done when they are lightly browned and crunchy, not chewy.
- Remove from oven and let them cook, then store in the fridge.
- Cook the nuts only until they start to turn a light brown and parts still appear raw – they will keep cooking a bit even after you take them out of the oven.
- Don’t let the nuts burn!