Unfortunately, too many patients do!
These exams can feel rushed, invasive, confusing, and embarrassing.
The Naturopathic Gynecological Exam integrates the principles of naturopathic medicine into this important screening and diagnostic exam to improve your experience and treatment.
I seek to treat the cause, educate my patient, and view gynecological care as part of a whole person treatment plan.
How were you trained in Naturopathic treatment of gynecological concerns?
Naturopathic doctors are educated in women’s health and trained to perform gynecological exams through practical training and assessment.
I’ve been offering gynecological exams in practice since 2010 and was Gynecology Coordinator at the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine from 2013 to 2017 where I taught the exam and oversaw the evaluation of over 500 naturopathic students.
What can I expect?
Naturopathic Gynecological Exams are in high demand because your comfort is the primary focus of the exam. All steps in the exam will be explained to you, you will be taught about what is healthy and normal, and I strive to make your experience comfortable and educational.
There are three parts to the Naturopathic Gynecological Exam:
- External examination including both visual and physical assessment
- Speculum examination to perform a Pap smear, vaginal swab, and/or measure pH.
- Bimanual examination to assess the health of your uterus and ovaries
A clinical breast exam may also be performed if you wish and you will be educated about the findings.
- 5 Reasons to see my for your Pap Test
- Vaginitis: What’s going on “Down There”?
- Answers to your HPV Questions
- Updated: Cervical Dysplasia Case Study
- The Other Vaginosis: Cytolytic Vaginosis Case Study
- Yeast infections
- Bacterial vaginosis
- Cervical dysplasia
- Genital warts
- Painful periods
- Pain with ovulation
- Irregular or absent periods
- Spotting before or after periods
- Heavy menstrual bleeding
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS)
- Uterine fibroids
- Cervical polyps
- Ovarian cysts
- Fibrocystic breasts
- Hot flashes, night sweats and other perimenopause/menopause symptoms
Click here to book a free Meet and Greet consult with Dr. Kate, ND to find out more and watch my video below on my experience as Gynecology Coordinator teaching the gynecological exam at the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine: